TRIPLEHEADER TOPPED BY TWO NASCAR MODIFIED FEATURES SET FOR SATURDAY AT GRANDVIEW
FIRST 50 DADS RECEIVE A SPEEDWAY GIVEAWAY
VON DOHREN BACK ON TOP IN MODIFIED POINTS, BRAD GRIM CONTINUES TO LEAD SPORTSMAN
BECHTELSVILLE, PA June 11, 2019 . . . For the second Saturday in a row at Grandview Speedway fans will be treated to three NASCAR features all brought about as a result of the rain shortened night of racing on June 1st.
The T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds will be featured in two 30-lap features with one of them being the first event of the evening on Saturday, June 15th.
And the first 50 Dad’s through the front gate receive a speedway giveaway.
The full evening of racing, the green flag falls at 7:30 p.m., will also include a 25-lap main event for the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman. And, of course, there will be a full series of qualifying events.
The Saturday night action will be recorded by RCN-TV and shown at a later date.
As is the norm fans will get to meet a couple of the racers in the Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet session that takes place near the main spectator entrance starting at 5 p.m. This Saturday Sportsman racers Scott Kohler and Kenny Bock will greet fans along with members of the Rescue Vehicle and First Responder crews.
Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. Adult admission is just $15 while youngsters under 12 getting in FREE.
The latest NASCAR point standings have Craig Von Dohren back on top of the Modified division. The Oley, PA racer, a ten time champion, has 1787 points followed closely by Hellertown, PA’s Rick Laubach who has 1725. Third through fifth place stands show five time champion Duane Howard with 1550, Kyle Weiss at 1464 and Frank Cozze at 1453.
In the NASCAR Sportsman division Brad Grim of Coplay, PA continues to lead the standings by the narrow margin of 18 points. Grim has 1683 while former champion Brian Hirthler has 1665. Third spot is held by Jack Butler with 1499 points. Fourth and fifth spots belong to Brad Brightbill with 1453 and Kyle Lilick at 1440 counters.
More than 90 racers have earned points in the two divisions with 55 earning points in the T.P.Trailers NASCAR Modifieds while 37 have tallied points in the T.P.Truck Equipment NASCAR Sportsman.
Coming up on Saturday, June 22nd, there will be a first time appearance for the Non-Wing Super Sportsman as they join the NASCAR Modifieds and Sportsman in a tripleheader show. The N.J. Wingless Crate Sprints have been invited to race with the Super Sportsman with $1,000 going to the winner.
And the Outlaw Enduros and Blast from the Past Vintage racers will be back in action on Sunday, June 23rd at 1 p.m.
The one-third-mile, banked clay track is located on Passmore Road just off Route 100 in Bechtelsville, PA, 10 miles north of Pottstown. For information check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF JUNE 8, 2019**
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 1787**
2. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 1725
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 1550*
4. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1464
5. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 1453
6. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 1413**
7. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1352
8. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 1349
9. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 1331
10. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 1290
11. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 1279**
12. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1218
13. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1217
14. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1141
15. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 1100
16. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1050
17. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 904
18. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 886
19. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 714
20. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 706
21. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 664
22. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 609
23. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 601
24. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 536
25. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 477
26. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 477
27. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 475
28. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 468
29. Mike Laise, Pottstown, PA #6 463
30. Ritchie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 428
**Includes 6/1/19 Feature. Does not include 6/8/19 feature points.
To be run on 6/15/19
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JUNE 8, 2019
1. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 1280
2. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 1665**
3. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1499*
4. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1453**
5. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1440
6. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 1381
7. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1314
8. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 1286
9. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1232
10. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1103*
11. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1052
12. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 1035
13. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 863
14. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 832*
15. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 818
16. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 782
17. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 728*
18. Aaron Bowes, Nazareth, PA #4 704
19. Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 701
20. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 691
21. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 690
22. Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #976 590
23. Joe Vaccaro, Reading, PA #38 578
24. Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 575
25. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 440
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only those that are
NASCAR point events.)